In June 2019, Nissan launched an interactive video campaign to promote the new Nissan Qashqai. The campaign aimed to have users request a test drive.
- Nissan chose Connected-Stories’ partner Smartclip to create an interactive video campaign by using an interactive form as overlay on top of the video in order to collect leads.
- Users were able to complete the form and submit a request for a test drive without ever leaving the video player. Once the request was sent, users were greeted by a thank you card within the video featuring a call to action. Users could tap on the CTA and land on Nissan’s website.
- The form was branded with the Nissan logo and activated by an overlay button to allow users to fill the form while the video was paused. Moreover the unite was responsive and able to adapt to any screen size.
CLICK THROUGH RATE
The campaign reached an average CTR of 0.8%, with a slightly higher rate on mobile devices compared to desktop (0.9 % VS 0.7% CTR).
Of the users who activated the interactive form, 0.2% of them requested the test drive successfully.
The average rate of users interactions on the video ad was 9.4%, a good rate, showing a high interest of users for interactive elements.
VIDEO AD UNITS
The campaign featured four different video ad units in order to optimize performance through continuous multivariate testing:
- A -The form appears after a mouse hover on the CTA;
- B - The form appears automatically after 2 seconds and then becomes transparent. With a simple mouse hover the form is visible again;
- C - The form appears with mouse hover on the CTA or after a click on the video;
- D - The form appears after mouse hover on any part of the video.
EXCLUSIVE MULTI-LAYERED VIDEO TECHNOLOGY
- Patented technology to create video content consisting of multiple layers
- Combination of layers made at distribution stage in real-time
- Orchestrated by rules inferred by machine learning process
- Video Player agnostic, works with the most popular solutions on the market
Customer Success Director
Junior Customer Success
Junior Graphic Designer
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama. The company traces its name to the Nissan zaibatsu, now called Nissan Group.
For more information: